I THOUGHT I KNEW YOU | A World Premiere AACT’s 2024 NewPlayFest Winner
MAR 22 – APR 7
Written by Phillip J Kaplan
Directed by Susan Hardie
Jen returns home to comfort her devastated parents after her brother, Cody, deliberately explodes a van in Louisville, killing himself and five other people. Jen encounters Cody’s ghost, or is it only a delusion? What happened to Cody? Who’s to blame and does it matter? How does a family move forward from tragedy? This World Premiere was named a 2024 NewPlayFest Winner by the American Association of Community Theaters
Please click the JotForm link below to sign up for your audition. You can use this form to upload your resumé, headshot, and conflicts. If you don't have a resumé or headshot, don't worry! These are optional. We may request to take a photo of you at the auditions for reference when casting.
Auditioning at Stage Left:
• Auditions begin promptly at the specified times.
• Please DO NOT ARRIVE MORE THAN 5 MINUTES EARLY to your audition as we want to keep the number of people in our lobby regulated.
• Plan on being at the audition during the entire time. Water will be provided. You may not be there the entire time, but it's good to prepare to be.
• If you have a headshot and/or resumé, please bring them with you, or attach to the Pre-Audition form linked with each audition announcement. These are not requirements to audition! If you do not have a headshot, we may request to take a photo of you after your audition. These will be used only for casting purposes and not shared anywhere else.
• Please fill out any known conflicts that you may have during the rehearsal and production dates at the bottom of this form. Be honest: Better to list conflicts than to surprise us later. Having conflicts does not preclude you from being cast EXCEPT during Tech Week (One week prior to Opening).
• For PLAYS, auditions will include selected readings from the script, both individually and with scene partners. Prepared monologues under 2 minutes are encouraged but optional.
• For MUSICALS, please prepare 16 to 32 measures of a song (not from the musical for which you are auditioning) and bring your printed sheet music to the audition. You may also be asked to sing selections from the musical with sheet music provided. An piano accompanist will be provided.
• TRIGGER WARNING to those who audition: Some of our productions at Stage Left include adult themes. Our certified Intimacy Director, Nike Imoru, will be involved with these production, and trigger warnings will be posted on the audition form for each production. You are encouraged to research the play or musical to have a clear understanding of the material's themes and content.
• Remember, if we do not cast you, it doesn't mean that you didn't audition well, or that others were more talented than you. Many factors go into the casting process, and often excellent auditions do not lead to an offered role, while "less-than-stellar" audition do! There are often times when a show is cast and then changes are made after that casting due to conflicts, illnesses, etc., so maintaining a positive outlook during and after auditioning is crucial. More than anything, you are here to show us who you are. Be yourself. Be professional. HAVE FUN.